Monday, August 19, 2019

DJ Interviews: Vix 20

Hello everyone DJ Dizzy here & I sat down with a punk rocker by the name os Gary Mills of the band Vix 20 who had so much to share on their music.



How'd you get started in music?

It all started for me after I read a book called Buddy’s Song when I was a teenager, my dad had an old Spanish acoustic guitar and i soon realized that if I wanted to get a girlfriend (like buddy) I needed to play the guitar! I then heard Appetite  for destruction and around the same time met CJ and we never looked back...




Who are your inspirations or influences?

Ive always been inspired by other musicians as we learn to play we always meet better players and musicians I always wanted what they had so it made me work hard as possible and practice every hour I could, my musical influences sit somewhere between Jimmy Page, Gary Moore and the Beatles who are at an open blues jam with some punk bands.....who are listening to hip hop between songs...it’s rather hard to pin down...







What advice would offer aspiring performers?

I’ve been very lucky I’ve had a long career in music but the best thing I ever did was get a career where I could work for myself and pick it up and put it down when required, it won’t happen over night and you need to live without being a constant burden on your family and friends plan your longevity. I met a young guitar player recently and he asked my advice I said go and be a plumber then come back to it...




How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

Cj told me 25 years ago that we wouldn’t have walkmans and all our music collection would fit into a cigarette packet....listen to Vix 20 he knows stuff....




Any new gigs or albums in the future?

New single coming out over the summer and eventually the album but we aren't rushing...

Special thanks to him for this interview & I wish them all luck in their careers so until then I'll catch you on the flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment