Wednesday, August 14, 2019

DJ Interviews: The Stillsouls

Hey everyone DJ Dizzy here & I sat down with a band who call themselves the Stillsouls Enjoy!



How'd you get started in music?

Though I'm in the Stillsouls, I'm answering your questions on my own.  I started when I became obsessed with the records made by artists that I really admired, and still do.  I wanted to be able to make music like what I heard and loved.  I've always felt that if I could make a record that would make someone feel as great as I feel when I hear those records, then I've done my job.  Hopefully we've done that.



Who are your inspirations or influences? 

So many -- 70's Glam (Bowie, Mott, T-Rex),  American writers -- Dylan, Petty, Springsteen, Todd Rundgren, Neil Young (I know -- he's from Canada) NYC artists -- Lou Reed, Dion, The Dolls, The Brill Building, Rascals
and of course the Beatles and the Stones.



What advice would offer aspiring performers?



Do it because you love it.  If you make a few bucks great.  



How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?



By doing our best work.  We believe in the power of a good song, singing in tune, and playing as good as good rock 'n' roll demands.



Any new gigs or albums in the future?

We  just wrapped up an Album "Half Drunk Preacher". We've been told the release date may not be until the end of the year. (though we have already released a single and a video for the tune "Local Honey"


special thanks to them for doing this interview & I wish them nothing but luck in their career.
So until then I'll catch you on the flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment