Tuesday, September 4, 2018

DJ'sSpotlight: An Interview with Robert Navajas

Hello everyone DJ Dizzy here I've been doing some interviews as of late & this is one I've done with a guy by the name of Robert Navajas of a heavy metal band called Bad Era as the guitarist.  So here's the interview & enjoy.

How'd you get started in music?

I got started in music when I was 8 years old. I used to take piano lessons at a Russian conservatory. At 11 I heard high voltage from AC/DC, changed my life, picked up the electric guitar and never stopped since then.

Who are you're biggest influences & inspirations?

That's a tough one!! Obviously AC/DC got me started so it has a very special place in my heart, I think they are the most amazing band in history. I also remember the first time that I heard Pantera, when I was 16, that was also a life changing event that not only changed my way of playing but also changed the way I aproached life, the attitude...Everything. As a guitar player I would have to say Dimebag Darrell, Zakk Wylde, Tony Iommi, Eric Clapton, Slash, David Gilmour, Kerry King. As an artist in general I think Ozzy Osbourne has been my biggest influence ever so yeah, but you know I like to listen to different styles of music, so I cant leave Bob Marley, Michael Jackson or even Eminem out of the paragraph haha.How would you say music has impacted your life?

I honestly dont remember a season of my life in which music was not a big part of , my life, I mean, I remember being 4 years old and asking my  parents to put that record again in the car (that record most probably being Eric Clapton or Michael Jackson). I think music is magic really, it has a huge impact in the way you feel and can really give you that extra bump of energy you need to go through the day, no matter the circumstances, that's why I really love metal, because It can channel all of your negative energy in a positive way, just like bands like Korn or Slayer do.
Any new gigs or albums?

Shure, I play in a heavy metal band called MAD-ERA. We released a record a year ago aproximately and we are going to tour Spain along with Diablo Bulevard at the end of May. We are also recording new music for the next album that we are all very excited about. I am also compiling riffs and ideas for my next solo album, so yeah, quite busy haha!!
I wish him luck in his career & success so until then stay righteous & I'll catch you on the flipside! Rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment