Sunday, December 17, 2023

DJ Interviews: Steve Gaspár of the Hollywood Allstar Band

Hey there one & all its your old friend DJ Dizzy here & I had the pleasure of sitting down with none other than Steve Gaspár of the band The Hollywood Allstars as he spoke with me on his musical beginnings. Enjoy!



How'd you get started in music?

My father was a classical musician, trombonist with several major symphony orchestras, including Chicago, Dallas and later the New Haven and Bridgeport Symphonies when he settled in Connecticut. When I was just four and a half years old, he decided it was time for me to start piano lessons. I was basically a classically trained pianist, until that fateful evening when I saw The Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show. That changed my life and started me on my Pop/R&B/Rock keyboard quest. I’ve basically been involved in music my whole life.



Who are your inspirations or influences?

When I was young and starting out in classical music, I loved Fredrick Chopin, Beethoven and later George Gershwin. My Rock / R&B Hammond Organ influences have been Greg Rollie from Santana, Chester Thompson from Tower of Power, Mark Stein from Vanilla Fudge and Felix Cavaliere from The Rascals, to name just the immediate ones who come to mind. The sound of a Hammond Organ has always resonated with me. My songwriting influences are all over the place from David Foster to Lennon and McCartney.



What advice would you offer aspiring performers?

The music business has always been difficult and with the advent of technology has gotten even more so. That’s just an overwhelming amount of “Content”. You have to make music that YOU like, and don’t hope for anything more. The odds of something catching on and going viral are about the same or less as winning the lottery. If you love what you do, then rock on!



How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

The Hollywood Allstars are kind of a throw back to big bands. We’re a thirteen piece group, with a horn section, percussionist and several vocalists. We’re kind of an anomaly in an age where everyone is cutting back. It’s difficult on the touring side of things, however I feel a responsibility to this kind of music, and am determined to stay true to my vision. My feeling is that if someone is going to be gracious enough to download or buy our record, and then come to see us live, I want to give them the same experience live that they heard on the record.



Any new gigs or albums in the future?

We’re always writing and recording and working on shows, so the simple answer is yes. I want to send a big shout out to all our fans, and thank them for their support. It really does mean the world to us. We couldn’t do it without you!

Special thnks to Steve for doing this interview & to him & his band happy holidays & lots of luck in their music To learn more about The Hollywood Allstars you can vusut their website in the link down below & also lsiten to their newset tunes. So until then I'll catch you on The Flipside!

Stay frosty, rock n roll & Happy Holidays!

Link to the Hollywood Allstars website & link to their new hit song:



No comments:

Post a Comment