Friday, December 22, 2023

DJ Interviews: Jens Bosecker(Mr. Wawa)

Here's my interview with fellow DJ, Jens Bosecker, AKA  Mr. Wawaenjoy!

How'd you get started in music?

Even as a small child, I thrilled my family with my dance routines; Once the music came on, I might even drive her crazy. I learned piano and guitar. I was often a DJ at our legendary school parties. I started living music early on.

Who are your inspirations or influences?

My main influences are 80s and 90s pop culture as well as jazz music and African rhythms. I am also a big fan of classical music.

What advice would you give to aspiring artists?

Follow your heart and do what suits you best with passion. We are all influenced by the music of previous generations and grow up with many new trends. Of course everyone has their role models, but I don't think you should emulate them. Your own style, your authenticity coupled with hard work will pay off sooner or later.

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers??

I am a songwriter, music and film producer and DJ. These different perspectives are also reflected in my music. A touch of pop, Afrobeat, electronica and jazz elements characterize the songs and create an atmosphere that can have a sensual, relaxing but also stimulating effect on the listener.

Any new gigs or albums in the future?

A best-of album with two new bonus tracks is planned for 2024. Dates for public appearances will be announced here:

No comments:

Post a Comment