Wednesday, December 20, 2023

DJ Intervies: The Fraed

Here's my interview with Fred Weingartner a.k.a. The Fraed as he sat down with me to discuss his musical origins.

Ad 1.

I'm from Vienna, Austria and have been making music basically my whole life. Had an education in classical music from very young age (flute), switched later to Jazz and Rock (bass, vocals). As a kid, I even played in an ensemble for traditional alpine folk music :-)

Ad 2.

My brother – who used to buy me records for christmas/birthday HE wanted to hear. Thats how I came in contact with acts like Woodstock, The Band, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix or Sly and the family Stone.

Johann Sebastian Bach – who influenced me not only as a flutist but also my bass-playing due to his mathematical precision.

Prince. One of my all time favorites. A genius.

Ad 3.

Listen to critique, even when served in an unfriendly way. Do your thing and do not stop learning. From others as well as mastering your instruments.

Ad 4. I no longer make any compromises producing my music. I try the best I can and I am grateful for any assistance but I control the entire process: from songwriting to recording and publishing. This delays things but art sometimes also needs time to mature.


ad 5.

After years as a studio and session artist, I am currently preparing an album (...to be published early next year).
To support the release, we are in the early stages of building a social media presence with some older tracks.



Special thanks to him for this interview & I wish him lots of lck in his music so until then I'll catch you on The Flipside! Stay frosty & rock n roll!!

No comments:

Post a Comment