Thursday, April 29, 2021

DJ Interviews: The Midnight Hour Podcast

Hey there guys, DJ Dizzy here & this time around I'm doing something different I've had the pleasure of interviewing a music producer who runs a podcast called The Midnight Hour as they shared how they got started.  


How'd you get started in the biz?


CrowZone Radio, a newly established radio station in the west of England, were kind enough to grant me a 1-hour slot every week. That slot became known as The Midnight Hour because it was an hour long and my name is Midnight. Much to everyone's amusement the show didn't go out at midnight.

Who are your inspirations or influences?

The late, great John Peel and Elvira.

What advice would you offer aspiring producers?

Don't stagnate and procrastinate, innovate! Or, to put it another way, produce, don't reproduce. Do your own thing.

How do you set yourselves apart from other shows?

I do all the chatty bits on Twitter and my forum during the shows. Out of respect for the artists, I don't talk over their music. I don't treat their music as a backing track for the sound of my own voice. It's a shameful thing when artists have spent years, blood, sweat and tears putting their music together and some idiot goes and talks all over it. So listeners and my naughty Furieans can listen to great music and chat live with me at the same time, without detracting from the music.

Any new shows in the future?

The Midnight Hour is a weekly radio show that goes out every Sunday at 5pm UK time on Metal Meyhem Radio.

Midnight's Metal Grinder radio show goes out on the third Sunday of every month at 9pm UK time on Metal Meyhem Radio, with a new artist/band co-hosting with me, every month.

I'd love to work on some kind of collaboration in the future, but, as a one-person effort where I do everything myself, that's all my time gone every week. As you well know yourself, it takes so much time to dig out intel on the artists, I'd need a 36-hour day to add another show to my roster.

Special thanks to them for this interview & I wish The Midnight Hour podcast lots of luck. So until then I'll catch you on The Flipside! stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment