Tuesday, April 6, 2021

DJ Interviews: Kay & Jorge

Hey there guys it's DJ Dizzy here & I had the pleasure of interviewing a duo who call themselves Kay & Jorge as they shared their musical upbringing. Enjoy!

How'd you get started in music?

 

We have both been musical since we were young. 

 

Kay: I’ve been singing for as long as I can remember, Jorge is classically trained on piano and plays a wide range of instruments as well as sings. We started working together as a duo in 2020, and in that short time we have released several covers on all of the usual streaming platforms and performed together at several gigs, as well as a Xmas concert that we co-organised. 

 

Who are your inspirations or influences?

 

Kay: I draw inspiration from the great diva’s of the 80’s and 90’s, country artists including Carrie Underwood, as well as more contemporary voices like Adele and Jessie J. 

 

Jorge: As Kay said, I was classically trained when I was little, and for many years I performed playing classical piano pieces. This is probably the reason I was always interested in native and acoustic instruments.

 

What advice would offer aspiring performers?

 

The advice we would offer aspiring performers would be to not get caught up in comparing yourself to others. Every artists talent is 100% unique and it should be heard. As the famous saying goes, all you need is 3 chords and the truth. 

 

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

 

Kay: I would say we have a unique sound because of the eclectic genres we are influenced by, and also the fact that there aren’t many acoustic duo’s around. Jorge has a great falsetto which blends so well with my voice for harmonies. 

 

Jorge: Because I currently don’t listen to music too much, I think 

this keeps us unique and helps us further develop our own style.

Even when we record covers, we never really listen to the originals in detail, so we mainly play the songs by feeling the music.

 

Any new gigs or albums in the future

 

We are currently working on a covers album so that we can show the world our take on some beautiful songs, and of course we have our own music in the pipeline. 

Gig wise; we have private and charity events booked in that we are so excited to be a part of and there will be another Christmas show. 

Keep an eye on our website for more upcoming dates.

 


Special thanks to them for doing this interview & I wish them luck in their music. So until then I'll catch you on The Flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment