Friday, October 23, 2020

DJ Interviews: The Deep Sea Parrots

Hello there guys, DJ Dizzy here & here's an interview I've done with an up & coming band called The Deep Sea Parrots 

How'd you get started in music?

I had a guitar kicking around, so I started teaching myself at 19. Always been a poet, and I wanted to combine the two as a way of getting my poetry out there. I was a raver then knocked around with some heavy rock n rollers in my teenage years, who were worse than the Gallagher brothers. I was always splitting them up from drunken fights. They inspired me though, they had great taste in music.

Who are your inspirations or influences?

Influences gotta be Dylan, Hendrix, Lennon, Oasis, 

What advice would offer aspiring performers?

Don't worry about anything. And don't copy people. Be yourself.

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

My poetry is hopefully a bit different. And the quantity. I;ve nearly a thousand songs on Spotify now.

Any new gigs or albums in the future

I've just completed my 80th solo album (in 12 years), that's 70 acoustic blues and 10 EDM. 'Mashed - the best of EDM' is out now. That's under my solo name alexthomasdavis. My band The Deep Sea Parrots are halfway through their debut album, Astral Surfing For Idiots and it will be out next year. Also working on album number 2, Cows Eat Conkers. You can hear acoustic versions of both albums right now on spotify, in anticipation of the full studio experience. We'll be gigging to promote the album next year post covid. I plan to get to 100 albums, then write a book, called 'How I wrote a 100 albums and barely made a penny'!! 

Special thanks to them for doing this interview & much luck to them & their music. So until then I'll catch you on The Flipside! Stay Awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment