Thursday, February 13, 2020

DJ Interviews: Steve Mac

Hey there guys DJ Dizzy here, I sat down with a singer named Steve Mac who had so much to say on his success


How'd you get started in music?

In my school you were allowed to stay indoors during recess if you played an instrument so I picked up a guitar and my classmate (we were 13 at the time taught me a few chords. He subsequently went on to write songs for Nancy Sinatra amongst others.When I left school I got a college grant which covered my tutorial expenses but not my living or social ones, so I busted the streets of Liverpool every free minute I had in
order to live.

 Who are your inspirations or influences?

Coming from Liverpool it's hard to ignore the Beatles and another is Elvis Costello who also has a Liverpool
connection. Now I am more influenced by YouTube and Facebook live performers, some of whom I have gotten to know personally. Check out John Monnecka to see what I mean

 What advice would offer aspiring performers?

Choose your set list with care and know it inside out as this will allow you to really shine when you perform.
Don't however wait until you are perfect, good enough is good enough so perform when ever and where evepossible to gain experience. Also follow me on twitter for daily tips @The_WaveWatcher How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers? Interaction with the audience is key for me, this combinedwith using a hybrid guitar and looper which are still relatively unusual makes me stand out.

Any new gigs or albums in the future?

I have given up recording for the time being but gig constantly 

Special thanks to him for doing this interview & I wish him nothing but luck in things so until then I'll catch you on the flipside! stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment