Sunday, February 9, 2020

DJ Interviews: The Sap Band

Hello everyone, DJ Dizzy here & I had the esteemed pleasure of interviewing a band who call themselves The Sap Band as they had a lot to say about their humble musical beginnings.



How'd you get started in music?


Listened to a heap of music when I was a kid, always really loved the idea of being in a band. Like I used to watch Green Day concerts and all there music videos on repeat. Watching these over and over are what inspired me to learn guitar and eventually form this band.


Who are your inspirations or influences?


My biggest influences would have to be bands like Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Mad Season and Temple of the dog. So basically that whole 90s Seattle scene, obviously there’s other types and music and other bands I enjoy but I find that these bands have had the biggest effect on my songwriting and lyricism


What advice would offer aspiring performers?


Being an aspiring performer I don’t know how confident I feel in my ability to give advise haha, but if I had one piece of advice it’d be grind. Just grind until you’re happy with your songs, grind until you find your sound, grind until your band is tight and grind until your confident in the songs live. Once you’ve done that you can reap the rewards of the work you’ve put in


How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?


I don’t know that we do haha, I think we’re just another band that’s out there. But I love our music and I enjoy playing with the band so much. I feel we’ve found our sound and if anything I feel like that’s what sets us apart 



Any new gigs or albums in the future


We have a bunch of songs just waiting to be recorded ( a whole albums worth infact) and we’re just waiting for the right time to record them. Show wise you can catch us around Sydney’s city, the northern beaches and the hills. Lots of shows coming up this year so if you’re in the area and we’re playing come down and have a chat.


Special thanks to them for doing this interview & I wish them luck in their music. So until then I'll catch you on the flipside. Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment