Saturday, August 11, 2018

DJ's Spotlight: An interview with Night Sabers

Hello one & all DJ Dizzy here & I did an interview with a group called Night Saber as they sat down to speak on their success. So pull up a chair & enjoy Night Sabers

How'd you get started in music?

When I saw in 2nd grade I saw the cult classic movie KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park.  After that it was KISS everything, and it still is!  Year and years later, I got a guitar because I wanted to save the world.  Eventually I started writing songs because I couldn’t play like Brian May.  Playing something that’s your own is more rewarding anyway when you’re as great as I am.  I started fronting my own bands because I could never find anyone to do my songs justice, and now I play music with aliens from other planets.  Rock n roll is weird.  


Who are you're biggest influences & inspirations?


KISS and Ramones are the reason for everything.  I’m also really into Tom Petty, Alice Cooper, Prince, Shiina Ringo, Danko Jones, Butch Walker, and so many more.  My alien friend Zoee really likes Paramore and other silly pop punk that’s not the Descendents.  She should listen to more Descendents, but I’m okay with here being into Paramore. 


How would you say music has impacted your life?

I would have much more money if it wasn’t for my record collection so there’s that.  I guess I would also have more free time, but I never would have met any aliens if I didn’t play music.  Actually, maybe I would have met more aliens if I didn’t play music.  Maybe I would be the real life version of Tenchi Muyo.  Oh man, music was a bad choice.   


Any advice for any aspiring performers?

Get ready for a lot of hangovers!  


Any new gigs or albums?

Night Sabers Volume 2 is coming soon!  It’s a brand new full length record, and it’s the first Night Sabers record with this lineup!  We’ll be releasing that… at some point.  We also will start playing a lot of shows after that.  Follow us on every social media platform your brand can handle to keep up to date with all that junk!  Also, everything IS better with cats! 
 
So with that said I wish them nothing but luck in their careers. So until then be righteous & Rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment