Wednesday, July 4, 2018

DJ's Spotlight: An interview with Sirens Harbor

Hey there everyone DJ Dizzy here & I had the pleasure of sitting down with indie rock band Sirens Harbor as they had a lot to say about their beginnings & success thus far.




How'd you get started in music?



Wolfgang: I started singing along with my four (older) sisters when I was a little boy and been listening to music since the early Sixties. The Beatles, The Hollies, The Byrds and many others where my favorites.
When I was 11 I started playing the violin and a few years later the drums too. 1982 I joined a pop-rock group called „Crystal Heaven“ which became a regional success for several years with a few chart notations.



After a hiatus of 25 years I started playing again in 2012. With my six piece band „Sirens Harbor“ (3 girls, 3 boys) it's great to work in our own recording studio „El Corredor“ in Vienna.





Who are you're biggest influences & inspirations?



Wolfgang: There are a lot of bands and musicians from the Seventies and Eighties, like The Eagles, Journey, Little River Band, REO Speedwagon and great singers like John Farnham or the guys of Crowded House.

Today I'm listening to music from Alter Bridge, Disturbed, Elephant Revival, Rob Thomas and Arcade Fire; to mention a few.

Inspirations for the songs I write have their origins in (idiot) politics, in social and environmental issues but also in stories of everyday life. Besides great melody lines the lyrics are playing an essential role.





How would you say music has impacted your life?



Wolfgang: Music was always the anchor. Suffering from depression for more then 50 years it's been the songs and the stories within that maintained my inner balance and kept me going. If nothing else is there – music always is!



Any new gigs or albums?



Wolfgang: After the release of our first CD „Pardon Me For Jumping In“ in May 2017 we started recording our second CD – working title „The Art Of Resistance“ – a few weeks ago. Release date will be 2018, October 22nd.



We'll be playing gigs in September, October, November and December in Austria and we are planning to play a few venues in other European countries too.

Funny fact: Most of our fans are from English speaking countries like the US, Great Britain, Canada and Australia. Would be great to play there some day soon.



Sirens Harbor (Marlene Arnold, Julia, Franye, Lea Kieber, Michael „Micha“ Funk, Oliver Zopf and Wolfgang R. Zissler) are playing a mix of Pop, Folk, Rock and Worldmusic. Our instruments are electric and acoustic guitars, keyboards, violins, cello, percussions and our six voices.














 So I  suggest that you check them out when you get the chance & until then thats going to do it for me so be righteous & I'll catch you on the flipside!


No comments:

Post a Comment