Saturday, February 17, 2018

Grammys 2018 review

Hey there one & all its DJ Dizzy here doing a review of the this years Grammys


Well this years awards were something to remember along with some of the performances but the thing is that most award shows are more about politics then about achievement & this proved to be just that.


Now I saw bits & pieces of the show & there were some moments that were okay but what I really thought was good was Logic's memorial tribute with his song inspired by the phone number of the suicide hotline (For those who hadn't have guessed.) But from what I noticed some of the acts were more about politics


So I want to rant a bit about this & other award shows that center around music. I just want to say that while the Grammys does spotlight true artistry I feel other awards show should do the same like the American Music Awards for example used to be about that & the performance itself even when they went live you could see that a lot of hard work was put into it.


And although I wasn't going to get off into it but there's also the Billboard Awards which is more about seeing who could sell the most CDs & have the most hits in a year. An award show to me should be about honoring talent & not just about who sold the most records or had the most hits. in some cases you do see that.

So those are just a few thoughts that I have about the Grammys & other award shows though it was more rant then review some stuff just had to be said regarding award shows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment