Saturday, March 25, 2023

DJ Interviews: Airam FM A.K.A Maria Friis Møller

 Here's my interviw with Aorm FM  (Maria Friis Møller)

How'd you get started in music?
I always loved singing since before I could speak. I just never had the courage to actually release music until 2022, when I unfortunately lost my mother to cancer and I felt the need to express my love for her through my music and share it with the world. It’s been part of my healing process.

Who are your inspirations or influences?
I find big inspiration in singers like Lana Del Rey, Birdy and Taylor Swift. I also love singers like Marina and Lady Gaga and would like to also try and make more upbeat music in the future like them (as well as my usual slow melancholic style ofcourse).

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?
Just keep creating and releasing. Never give up, even if you feel like your numbers aren’t growing. Just unleash your creativity, make it your hobby and always have fun with it - then slowly you’ll get places.

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?
I think I have a special style that’s usually very emotional and melancholic. My lyrics is very raw and you can hear the pain & grief I’ve been through in the timbre of my voice. You can feel that my songs are not commercial, they’re authentic.

Any new gigs or albums in the future?
I’m working on a new song as we speak, but that’s a story for later ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment