Tuesday, July 28, 2020

DJ Interviews: P Wasy.

Hello everyone one & all DJ Dizzy here & I have had the pleasure of interviewing a musician who answers to P Wasy


ow'd you get started in music?


I’ve been playing piano since I was a kid, went through the whole Royal Conservatory of Music world, did the Exams, the Theory, the Music Festivals, all of it. Turned to teaching quite a few years ago, and composing just recently—last 3 years.



Who are your inspirations or influences?


Classical Influences would have to include Debussy/Chopin/Erik Satie/Ravel to my fav Prince & Bowie, Glenn Gould, Yann Tiersen, Eminem, Bruno Mars, just so many




What advice would offer aspiring performers?


Get networking. Support other people as well as yourself. Twitter/Soundcloud/Insta. Everyone goes through times where things may seem like they’re going nowhere, and then the next day you get some awesome lift from someone on Twitter out of the blue. Every day is a new day, and it’s full of potential.  Just don’t stop, keep practicing, keep learning, only release work that is your best the competition is too fierce to put out something that is just ‘adequate’.  Just keep on keeping on.



How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?


My gig is that I’m a Studio Rat. I love to do in-studio collaborations.  I write and perform piano tracks, that Electronic Producers then take and manipulate and create something amazing! I love all my collab partners, I learn something from everyone on every app!


Any new gigs or albums in the future


Yes! July 24.2020, ‘Somehow’ is releasing, the lovely Clare Estelle sings this beautiful ethereal ballad, & I’ve written and performed the piano Arrangement. This one’s a tear jerker, but we had a lot of fun working on it together.  We have a blast on Twitter with our banter too, just a couple of girlfriends on there haha!


Later this summer, Kike de Santo and I have teamed up again for a track that is Pool Party Ready!! It’s an high octane Instrumental with a surprise Vocal….:):) has this massive high energy Summer Feel-good Vibe. So fun! Can hardly wait for it to drop mid August.

No comments:

Post a Comment