Thursday, July 2, 2020

DJ Interviews: Drawing On Scars

Hi there everyone its The DJ coming at you with a band who call themselves Drawing On Scars as they shared their musical beginnings. So pull up a chair & give a listen!

How'd you get started in music?

I had an interest in the guitar since I was really young, but Nirvana really got me to get into playing music. Right after their Unplugged show aired on MTV, I received a beat up acoustic guitar from my grandparents for Christmas and started teaching myself how to play from magazines and such. Then around 2001, I downloaded some free recording software and started writing and recording my own music. 

Who are your inspirations or influences?

Nirvana was obviously the first and biggest influence for me. Other bands like Deftones, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Filter and Hum have also shaped my style over the years. 

What advice would offer aspiring performers?

Spend your time practicing whatever instrument you play and writing as much as possible. Social media, fans, followers, and all of that don't mean anything if your music isn't good. And have fun. If you don't like what you're doing, listeners will be able to tell.

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

We're a band with only one official member. At one time, that was extremely unique, but there are a ton of people working this way now. The advantage is that I get to work with a number of awesome vocalists which has been great. 

Any new gigs or albums in the future?

We have a new single coming out July 10th, and a few more singles following that later in the year.

Special thanks to them for ding this interview & I wish them lots of luck in their music. So until then I'll catch you on The Flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment