Tuesday, November 26, 2019

DJ Interviews: Fedras

Hey there folks Its DJ Dizzy here & sat down with a band who had a lot to say on their humble beginnings so sit back & relax as I proudly present to you, Fedras!



How’d you get started in music?
I (Alex) started taking piano lessons when I was six. Eventually, I started doing the RCM classical program and completed the program a couple of years ago. This foundation has helped me to be able to compose my own songs, as it gives me a solid foundation to work with.
Stef  started guitar lessons at the age of seven.  Afterwards, she started taking vocal lessons when she was thirteen.  Using these two instruments together she started getting into song writing and composing.


Who are your inspirations or influences?

As a pianist, I look up to Ludovico Einaudi. His compositions are phenomenal and I listen to them when I’m studying, out for a walk or just relaxing at home. I’ve also started learning his pieces so chances are my future compositions will have elements inspired from him.
Stef likes listening to Freddie Mercury. She admires the way he captivated his audiences and his stunning vocal performances.
We both like and enjoy the music of Oh Wonder and Adele.

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?
The best advice we could offer is to keep writing. As simple as it may seem, it’s one of the most effective strategies. We tend to get discouraged once one song doesn’t work out. However, it’s important to keep going and to learn from the mistakes of those songs. We sit and right dozens of song ideas, but it’s likely only one or two of them will end up getting developed into a full song.


How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

We try and standout by incorporating classical elements into the piano parts of our songs. We also try and build and layer our songs in unique ways. Finally, our twist on the usual pop genre allows our songs to become a unique genre, different than what most are used to hearing on the radio.


Any new gigs or albums in the future?


We are currently recording our second song and have enough material to complete our first EP (4 to 5 songs) which we are planning to complete and release by the Fall of 2019.  As for Gigs, we will have a few small shows in town when we have enough material ready, and time will tell of course based  on interest and feedback received on our music.

Special thanks to them for this interview & I wish them nothing but luck in their music & careers so until then I'll catch you on the flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment