Sunday, April 28, 2019

DJ Interviews Under A Banner

Hey there everyone , DJ Dizzy here & I sat down with the lead singer & guitarist Adam Broadhurst of Under A Banner who had a lot to say about his band's success.

How'd you get started in music?

Speaking personally, I’ve almost always played the guitar. I was taught to play by my dad when very young. In my late teens I played a lot of open mic sessions and jammed with some great players. Forming a band was the next logical step. 

Who are your biggest influences & inspirations?

As a band we are influenced musically by an eclectic bunch of artists. I love bands like The Cure, New Model Army and lots of rock, folk and metal. The other guys love classic rock, metal and prog. Other influences include thousands of books and the beauty of nature.

Any advice to any aspiring musicians or singers?

I don’t think I’m truly qualified to advise aspiring musicians other than to say ‘love what you do and avoid pay-to-play rackets if you can help it. 

We tend to focus on lyrics as well as melody. I’m not saying that other bands do this, but we don’t write in order to get festival places; we write what we think sounds exciting. 


Any gigs or new albums in the future?

We already have 4 studio albums and 3 EPs in circulation so are in the process of writing new material. All recordings can be found on our Bandcamp page or our website www.underabanner.co.uk where you’ll also see our gigs and festival dates. 

Thank you 


Special thanks to them for doing this interview & I wish them nothing but luck in their careers. So until then I'll catch you on the flispide! Stay awesome & Rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment