Saturday, April 7, 2018

DJ's Spotlight an interview with Swirl the band

Hey there everyone DJ Dizzy here & I've had the pleasure of meeting up with a band by the name of Swirl & asked them some questions regarding their career feel free to take a look at some of their following links & enjoy.


How'd you get started in music?
 I started out playing the violin actually! My father was very big on classical music so it was always on in the car during long drives to fishing spots in Alaska where Brian “Bam Bam” Jones (my brother and Swirl drummer) grew up. I was introduced to rock n roll through the music of KISS. Once I heard that band I knew what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.


Who are your main inspirations or influences?

 Well clearly Ace and Paul for starters, but I really fell in love with the 80s Sunset Strip guitar sound and so my main influences are Jake E Lee (Ozzy/ Badlands), Warren DeMartini (RATT), George Lynch (Dokken/ Lynch Mob) and Carlos Cavazo (Quiet Riot).


How would you say music has impacted your life?

 The impact is nearly immeasurable! I have traveled the United States and even been to Japan just by playing guitar in Swirl. I have been blessed to make life long friends both in and out of the music business. It is the last thing I think about before I go to sleep and the very first thing I think about when I wake up every day! Nothing has moved me spiritually, emotionally nor challenged me mentally nearly as much. I can honestly say that the rest of the members of Swirl (bassist Shane Carlson and singer Alfred Ramirez) feel very much the same way.


What advice would you offer aspiring performers?

I don`t know that I am qualified to “give advice” because in the overall scheme of things in this industry what have I really accomplished? Perception is everything. You may say that I have “made it”, but that is very much up for debate in my eyes. I am fond of saying I am a lot more “rock” than “star”, however, I am willing to share my knowledge and the stories of my mistakes. If something I say helps someone else achieve their goals I am happy to do my part.


Any new gigs or works in the future?
 Swirl is doing a series of live dates in Southern California before we start “The Lift Tour 2018”. We know we will be on tour in the United States and Canada this summer. So far we already have a tour offer for the UK set up for the fall and are in discussions with several other countries where Swirl is gaining fans through either the release of “The Lift” in 2018 or the ‘Ditch Day’ movie (2017) which features 3 songs from our ‘SWIRL’ EP. The movie alone is out in Germany, Brazil, Korea, France, the UK and USA.
“The Lift” has reached #1 in the Midwest (North America), #4 Banks Radio (Australia) and #13 in Scotland for starters so we expect to spend the majority of the rest of 2018 through 2019 on the road. We will continue to record and release new music during that time as well.
"The Lift" Lyric video- 
https://youtu.be/xaBMGg0ACYo
Too keep up on all things Swirl please follow us on social media.
SWIRL website- http://www.swirltheband.com/  
SO here's to all of you & I wish you nothing but luck. So until then be radically righteous & I'll catch you on the flipside!

No comments:

Post a Comment