Thursday, May 9, 2024

DJ Interviews: Divarella

 Here's my interview with singer, Divarella who sat down with me to speak on her musical  beginnings


Here are the questions

How'd you get started in music?
I started at a very young age. I remember checking my nursery English textbook for rhymes that I could turn into a song, it was more of a hobby for me then. I even wrote a song in the middle of an exam in secondary school. It happens whenever I zone out of my immediate environment(whatever the trigger is) and I find myself in this space right inside my mind, it's beautiful and therapeutic.

Who are your inspirations or influences?
Growing up I had none, everyone in my family had different tastes in music, nothing peculiar but along the way, I became drawn to pop music and also interested in sounds like Avril Lavigne, Sia, Taylor Swift and Little Mix. These stars shaped my life- teenage years up till present.

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?
Well as an aspiring artist myself, it's not been easy but I'd say that consistency is really needed in this field. Remember why you're into it in the first place and remind yourself of it, at all times. Tread at your own pace and don't compare yourself to other artists, you're different and let people see why you are.

How do you set yourself apart from other bands or singers?
Presently, I'd say everyone has similar sounds but then it's okay. Major difference would be the aesthetic, your aura as an artist. I mostly write songs about my personal life experiences which usually have a sad yet calm vibe to it, although I try to switch up once in a while, so nothing is off limits. My music is my diary which I want to share with anyone who's interested enough to listen. 

Any new gigs or albums in the future?
I have two singles (titled Roses Are Red and Your Heart) coming out this Friday (May 10) and I'm so excited!  I can't wait to share it with everyone. I'm also working on my releasing my first EP album by late June or early July. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment