Tuesday, March 10, 2020

DJ Interviews: The Halflives

Hello everyone, DJ Dizzy here & I had the pleasure of sitting down with a band who call themselves The Halflives who had a lot to say regarding their musical beginnings.


How'd you get started in music?
I've been singing since I was a little girl, mostly by myself. My grandad is a musician so I guess that the "gift" comes from him. At 14 I went to a singing class and dreamt to become a professional singer one day. At the age of 15 I discovered Paramore and finally understood what I wanted to do in life: make it with my own band.

Who are your inspirations or influences?
Well, as mentioned before I'd say Paramore for sure. They've been a strong inspiration for many girls who were dreaming to sing in a band I guess. Evanescence too have been a solid pillar in my younger years.

What advice would offer aspiring performers?
Dare to suck. As much as your dream seems impossible to reach, just have the guts to put yourself out there and you will find out how good it feels to work on something you truly love.

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?
There's not an easy reply to this question, but I guess that what we heard the most from our fans is that we truly care about our relationship with them. We communicate a lot on our socials and we care about making them feel special and a part of something bigger.

Any new gigs or albums in the future
Our EP "Resilience" is coming out on March 13th featuring Kellin Quinn from Sleeping With Sirens on one of the tracks.
2020 is going to be a super busy year for us, we're gonna hit the road in a week with Icon For Hire for a tour in Europe. Later this year we're coming back to the UK for a headliner run and we're also playing at 2000 Trees Festival. More coming later, stay tuned!

Special thanks to them for doing this interview & I wish them luck on their musical careers. So until then I'll catch you on the flipside. Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment