Hey there guys DJ Dizzy here & I sat down with a band called Taming Sari Band who hail from Canada by way of Ottawa & they had a lot to say on their music so sit back, relax, & enjoy!
1) We've all been entertaining one way or another from very young ages. Warren, Vocalist, started in music by taking Piano and Dance lessons. Our guitarists are cousins and one started playing because the other one got a guitar. Adam Ouellette, drummer, started drumming in a marching band at 12. Alex Pellerin, bass player, started in his high school stage band.
2) The list of influences is incredibly long and varied...but I think the bands' sound is attempting to channel into the energy of a time when Rock music was ambitious and freedom seeking. Naturally we love bands like and such as ACDC, April Wine, CCR - the list is very long. We love to cover The Tragically Hip and CCR.
3) We feel the best advice to give someone else performing is...if you love it...don't stop, find a way to move forward, use every bit of talent and social ability you have to impress upon others what stage of the path you're on and how they can help support you. Without family and close friends...this band would be no where. Never feel bad that those people love you and always support you.
4) This is always challenging to do but simply by being ourselves and thinking of how we can be creative, how we can add to something. Revision, listening to those you trust. If you're going to ask for outside opinion, it's often good to listen carefully for the response, even if you don't like it.
5) We will be releasing the album in September but a couple more singles will be released this summer with video first!
The band will be playing lots this summer,
Please check out the Tour section on our website www.tamingsariband.com for all upcoming dates.
I wish them nothing but luck in their success & their career. So until then I'll catch you on the flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!
Post a Comment