Wednesday, May 15, 2019

DJ Interviews: ATomic Kaveman

Hey there everyone DJ Dizzy here & I sat down with a group who answer to Atomic Kaveman who had a lot to say regarding their humble beginnings.




Responses by Atomic Kavemen singer, Morey 


How'd you get started in music?

As a teenager, my best friend got immersed in heavy metal guitar. I didn't like metal and had little motivation for learning instruments. It took a couple of years but my musical taste changed and I found that I was halfway decent as a vocalist.


Who are your inspirations or influences?

I take a lot of my style from strong baritones; Danzig, Elvis, Ian Astbury, Jim Morrison. I take a page from Mike Patton in that I try to be versatile as I can and make each song sound a little different from the others. 


What advice would offer aspiring performers?

Don't bank on external success. Music can be personally enriching - just do it without an expectation of appreciation from others.


How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

We didn't set out to be different, but it sure turned out that way. On the plus side, we fill a niche for those who appreciate raw, heavy rock and roll. The drawback is that it's harder to get gigs when you're not part of a popular subgenre.


Any new gigs or albums in the future?

Our drummer injured his arm so no gigs at the moment. We're writing though and hope to release a new EP around September. We're taking a little more time with this one but the music remains raw and unfiltered. If you liked our first record, you'll dig our new stuff!

Special thanks to them for doing this interview & I wish them nothing but luck in their career. So until then I'll catch you on the flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment