Saturday, December 29, 2018

DJ Interviews: Vardis

Hey there guys DJ Dizzy here & I sat down & interviewed a band who called themselves Vardis who had a lot to say about their success & career. Enjoy!
How'd you get started in music?
Basically seeing Jimi Hendrix at the cinema in the Woodstock film, first inspired me to play guitar. I then started to write songs and got a band together.

Who are your inspirations or influences?

Jimi as stated, Rory Gallagher, Jeff Beck, Dylan, Bolan (lyrics) and of course Chuck Berry (in fact most 1950's American Rock & Blues).

What advice would offer aspiring performers?

First of all, always enjoy what you do and then dont get hung up over money.

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

I dont. Honestly if music is from the heart, that's all that matters in the end.

Any new gigs or albums in the future?

Yea I have been recording some new stuff in my studio with my old bass player Alan Selway and drummer Joe Clancy. We have a show coming up on March 10th at the Grim up North festival. This is for a cancer charity so is important to us after losing Terry.
Here is the link: https://www.bandsintown.com


I wish them nothing but luck in their success & their careers that's going to do it for me so until then stay awesome & I'll catch you on the flipside!

No comments:

Post a Comment