Monday, May 31, 2021

DJ Interviews: Sexy Wild East Band



Hey there guys its your old friend The DJ & I had the honor of interviewing a band who answer to the name The Sexy Wild East who spoke on their musical origins. Enjoy!


 The Sexy Wild East Press Release.pdf


How'd you get started in music?

FINLAY: I’ve been into music and making music for as long as I can remember. I saw deadmau5 live in Manchester in 2010 and that was the final straw. I have been making electronic music ever since.

NEIL: I got a guitar when i was about 14, 1988 maybe, and taught myself how to play (badly). Started my first band at school, then had another at university and ive been in tons of better bands down the years. I ditched the guitar about 20 years ago and I’ve been singing ever since.

    

Who are your inspirations or influences?

Finlay: There are to many to count! 

Skrillex, Deadmau5, Sub focus, Rusko, Nirvana, Arcade fire, Kings of Leon, Slipknot


Neil: Clash, Pistols, Pixies, Carter USM, Happy Mondays, Gogol Bordello, Sleaford Mods, 


What advice would offer aspiring performers?

Finlay: Don’t give up even when you feel like you are completely useless. Take constructive feedback from others but ignore anyone who says you are no good or should give up.


Neil: Be nice to sound engineers. Enjoy yourself. Don't expect to sell a million records and don't be disappointed when you don't. Play gigs in foreign countries.


How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

Finlay: I honestly don’t know that much about making music. I just love playing with the software and can’t resist a tasty baseline. This produces some pretty interesting results.


Neil: We have very different musical taste which creates some ace music and I am old enough to be Finlay’s dad. It probably shouldn't really work but it does.

 

Any new gigs or albums in the future?

We are working on some new music as we speak! Hopefully we will have it ready in the coming weeks/months. Regarding gigs, let’s see what happens with this pandemic



Quickfix Social Links.pdf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment