Tuesday, June 1, 2021

DJ Interviews: David Jason Steiner

 Hey ther guys its Dizzy & here's my interview with David Jason Steiner. Enjoy!



How'd you get started in music? I was always interested in it from childhood. Different styles too. My father bought a lot of classical music albums and I was exposed to the classic composers pretty early. I saw the movie Amadeus as a kid and wanted to be Mozart lol. I bought Nirvana Nevermind in a tape store in Long Beach NY and rock music became my thing. I started guitar lessons in high school and it helped me deal with all the bs you have to deal with at that age. I also remember watching the Beatles Anthology and that pretty much did it. Music is great. I would be very depressed without it. 

Who are your inspirations or influences? Way too many.
Everything from the Beatles to Beethoven to Radiohead and some rap. Guns N Roses I love. Zeppelin. Mozart and Metal like Metallica, (Been listening. to their alternative album Load a lot lately for some reason.) Megadeth. Blues guitar. I dunno it’s way way too many. I can tell you what I don’t like tho. Cardi B. She sucks. A lot of modern pop music is filth lol.
What advice would offer aspiring performers? More drugs

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers? Me solo or with band? I guess variety of styles. Like I said I have a broad palette.

Any new gigs or albums in the future? Well with Covid dying out I would like to get out there again. It’s kinda upended everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment