Friday, June 4, 2021

DJ Interviews: D. Beezy

 How'd you get started in music?


A: It all started out by me writing poems in middle school. As I got into high school my friends were telling me that I should start either turning them into songs or just writing songs in general. I needed up writing to the instrumental of “Vice Versa” by Pastor Troy. I wouldn’t actually record my first song until I was 18 though. 

Who are your inspirations or influences?

A: My sister influenced hip hop from an early age. She’s 10 years older than I am. She constantly listened to NWA,  2Pac, Biggie, Snoop Dogg, Run DMC etc. The very first CD I owned was “The Slim Shady LP” and at the age of 11-12 it had me thinking I was suppose to hate my mom lol. That’s where it started but as I got older and started to record, I was inspired by the music that was hot around 2004-2010. That’s where my initial sound came from. 

What advice would offer aspiring performers?

A: Be yourself. You’ve got to removed that part of you that’s afraid to fall and just take that leap. If you can put on a damn good live show, people will remember you over just hearing your song. Don’t be shy on stage. 🤘🏼

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

A: I try to not box myself up by staying to one style or having one type of flow. I understand there are trends and styles of music that pop off and I do enjoy incorporating them into my music but I like to just do me and have fun. 

Any new gigs or albums in the future?

A: As the pandemic is slowly coming to an end and places are opening up here in Tennessee. I’m hoping to start getting shows & festivals booked. I’m no longer going to do full albums until I have the luxury of doing so. Instead I’m just going to release singles as frequently as possible to keep listeners engaged. 
--
D.Beezy Music
Verified Recording Artist & American Rapper.

Pandora

Twitter

SoundCloud                                



No comments:

Post a Comment