Wednesday, June 9, 2021

DJ Interviews: Reckless Velvet

 


How'd you get started in music?

 

Well, when I was 15, my Mother bought my brother a Casio keyboard. Whilst we were at the music store, I said I wanted one too. However, she couldn’t afford another one, so she said how about that acoustic guitar? I said “No”, and we walked out of the store. Once outside, I decided to take the offer of the guitar. I got home and started practising my fingers off!

 

 

Who are your inspirations or influences?

 

ACDC are my biggest influences, never really followed any music until I heard Back In Black, WOW did that fire me up! Love Rolling Stones, Hendrix, Deep Purple, Guns n Roses, Harry Connick Junior, some classical music too and blues.

 

What advice would offer aspiring performers?

 

Have a go, have fun, try your hardest, don’t take yourself too seriously. Get honest feedback on your work, it’s the only way you can improve.

 

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

 

I don’t try to. I just make music that comes to me, I make music that I like. But I also try to make my music easy for singers to write and sing to.

 

Any new gigs or albums in the future?

 

No gigs, but have just released an album in January with Shawn Sidetrack called “Fractured” and another album with Gabrial Kanka called “Inside Outside”. Also some singles just released to

No comments:

Post a Comment