Monday, June 28, 2021

DJ Interviews: The Great Riffs

 


Peter Lawlor

8:18 AM (3 minutes ago)
to me
How'd you get started in music?

Usual way...bands at school and college. Turned professional in my early 20s.
Had quite a bit of good luck.

Who are your inspirations or influences?

Beatles, Kinks, Hendrix, Kossoff, Zep, Joe Pass, Trevor Horn, George martin, Eddie Kramer.

What advice would offer aspiring performers?

Work harder than you'd expect anyone else to do. Be BRUTALLY honest with yourself.
When you finish a track you're pleased with, imagine that you are in a competition and your
opponent's track is the track you've just finished. Now beat it.

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

I don't. Mozart said "I never tried to be original, I just tried to be good."

Any new gigs or albums in the future?

A couple of re-releases coming up on Spotify etc. Many gigs planned for the autumn and for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment