Sunday, May 2, 2021

DJ Interviews: Saidal M.

 Hey there all its your pal The DJ, Here's my interview with  Saidal M. Enjoy!


How'd you get started in music?


I learned piano when I was an elementary school pupil, and I began to play guitar, electric bass and contrabass when I was 12 years old. Since two friends of mine recommended me to composing music, I got started in computer-based songwriting when I was 14. However, after I became 20, I hadn’t written songs so much for years because of being busy. In the meantime, music saved and healed me in hard and bad times. I’ve restarted writing music since 2018, and Twitter since 2020.


Who are your inspirations or influences?


The Beatles (UK)

Eluveitie (Switzerland)

Erik Satie (France)

Deep Forest (France)

Faun (German)

Frederic Chopin (Poland, France)

hide (Japan)

Malice Mizer (Japan)

Mr. Big (US)

Neonomora (Indonesia)

Nightwish (Finland)

Niu Raza (Madagascar, US)

Queen (UK)

Tokyo Ethmusica (Japan)

Written By Wolves (NZ)

Yasunori Mitsuda (Japan)

Zutomayo (Japan)


What advice would offer aspiring performers?


Just keep on, and sometimes rest yourself.


How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?


My musical works are influenced by heavy metal, ethnopop, synthpop, and video game music. The lyrics are written mainly in English or Japanese (sometimes in other several languages), and inspired by myths in various areas, Japanese poetry, Early modern English works, and academic literature—philosophy, cultural anthropology, biology, folklore studies, and so on.


Any new gigs or albums in the future?


Upcoming EP ‘Humanities’: it will be released in May or June 2021. Music videos of some songs that will be included on the EP are available on YouTube playlist ‘Humanities’: 

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLs_INh0ZiGW3n9uX2Vs6k3Y6WoMKFBE9k


Special thanks to him for doing this interview & so until then I'll catch you on The Flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!


No comments:

Post a Comment