Thursday, May 13, 2021

DJ Interviews: Andrew Helsley

 


How'd you get started in music?
I fell in love with The Beatles as a teenager. I wanted to be like them. Soon after, I bought an acoustic guitar and got some lessons. 

Who are your inspirations or influences?
The Beatles, Crowded House, INXS, Dave Dobbyn, Chris Izaak.

What advice would offer aspiring performers?
Get used to hearing the word 'no.' Have confidence in yourself, and try to find a style of your own.

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?
I think every artist has a timbre to their voice or playing that is unique. I'm no different. Aside from that, I take an 'organic' approach to my music and use real instruments wherever possible. I try not to let technology take over. 

Any new gigs or albums in the future?

I am currently working on my yet-to-be-named third EP, which I am recording in my home studio. I expect to release it in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment