Tuesday, May 11, 2021

DJ Interviews: Minister of pain

 Minister of Pain is a heavy rock group based in Pittsburgh USA established in 2016

 

Current Lineup:

 

"JB" John Beres - Lead Vocals, Rhythm & Bass Guitars

Dan Lastowski - Percussion

Jack Kosto - Lead Guitar

 

How'd you get started in music?

(JB) I began classical piano lessons at age 6 which continued for 10 years. At the onset of my high-school years I began to take various assignments

with local rock bands playing bass guitar and lead vocals. Shortly after, I transitioned into the lead vocal role and played for several years on the

Pittsburgh and Atlanta music scenes.

 

Who are your inspirations or influences?

(JB) There are so many great musicians of the past that have inspired me. I love music. I love metal. But the person I need to give credit for

inspiring me to be a metal musician is Ozzy Osbourne. The first time I heard his music, I said "I'm going to do that. I'm going to do what he's doing.

This is bad ass".

 

What advise would you offer inspiring performer?

(JB) Play the long game, nothing happens quickly and work relentlessly. Understand that there will always be people that tell you that your music is not good enough.

But most importantly, do your own thing and don't mimic other popular artists. Write your own stuff and be your own self. People gravitate to authenticity.

 

 

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

(JB) First and foremost; I do my own thing. I make no attempt to sound like someone else. I have worked very hard over the years developing my own vocal style by exploiting

my areas of strength and working on my areas of weakness until they become strong. Collectively, as a unit, Minister of Pain works just as hard, if not harder than the hardest working bands out there.

We enjoy what we do, but put in the work on all fronts.

 

Any new gigs or albums in the future?

(JB) Gigs are still in flux because of the pandemic, but things look promising. With regard to future releases, Minister of Pain typically puts out a new single every 2 months on a continuing basis.

Our listeners have become accustomed to having a new Minister song in the short-term and don't have the patience for us to disappear from the scene for 8 months to do an album. Right now

we have 2 songs in the pipeline titled, "Broken Messiah" which is scheduled for release in May 2021 and "Maybe Then" which is scheduled for July 2021.



No comments:

Post a Comment