Monday, September 5, 2022

DJ Interviews: Ri Wolf

 Heres my interview with singer,  Ri Wolf



How'd you get started in music?
I got started in college doing open mics and started playing some of my original material.  It seemed to get a decent response so I made the decision to start playing venues.  I recorded a 5 or 6 song demo and dove headfirst into music.  After about 4-5 years of touring and recording, I decided to step away from music and have just recently come back to it after almost 9 years off.

Who are your inspirations or influences?
There are so many throughout my life, but I know blues artists like Stevie Ray Vaughan, BB King and Jonny Lang initially sparked my interest for music.  Then I grew up listening to a lot of soul music like Otis Redding and The Temptations.  Growing up in Oklahoma I was surrounded by great classic country music like Willie Nelson, Vince Gill and Johnny Cash.  I feel like a combination of all those genres has influenced me very heavily.

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?
My advice would be to really focus on making timeless and meaningful music.  It's really important to search for what makes you unique as an artist and a person and I feel like that is when the best material comes to the surface.  I would also mention the importance of hard work and professionalism.  Ultimately it takes a ton of dedication and sacrifice to do music at a high level...you must approach it like an Olympic level athlete in my opinion.

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?
I try not to stray too far from what has made me the musician and artist I am today.  I try to stay true to my roots and try not to rush the process.  I feel like what I produce is genuine and relatable and I feel like there is a demand for that.  I am bringing together a unique blend of genres with Country, Americana and Blues and I feel like it is a welcome change for a lot of listeners.

Any new gigs or albums in the future?
I'm booking new shows all the time and I'd encourage folks to go check out my calendar and come see me if they can.  I playing mostly in the state of Texas right now, but will be expanding my touring this year.  I also have a new single coming out Oct 7th called "Peacemaker" which is currently up for presave.

No comments:

Post a Comment