Friday, September 30, 2022

DJ Interviews: George Thorogood

Hello one & all I'm pleased to share a specil interview featuring the legend himself George Thorogood! For those who aren't too familiar with  George Thororgood is very well known for his songs Bad To Te Bone, Who Do You Love & mny others right now he's currently on tour but he was kind enough to sit down & speak with me on his musical origins. Enjoy!


How'd you get started in music?

 I began my career as a solo acoustic performer, after being inspired in 1970 by a John P. Hammond concert. I formed a band 3 years after being the concert by Hammond in 1973, THE DELAWARE DESTROYERS with my high school friend Jeff Simon who’s also my drummer. The band developed its sound with other players.

Who are your inspirations or influences?
     Likes of Robert Johnson, Chucks Berry, Hound Dog Taylor,  Elmore James mostly by John P. Hammond 

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?
    Ignore anyone that talks to you about “never give up on your dreams!” Why do I say that?

Because dreams are just that. What you want to focus on are goals. Goals that relate to being a musician, not being a star. You can have success related goals, but they’re only goals if you have specific actions tied to that pursuit.

Make it a goal to make a living as a musician, hone your craft and your art, and focus on the attainable. If you do that, the stardom just might come. But if not, you made a career out of doing something you love!


How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?
    No discrimination, I just do what I do best… bad to the bone
Any new gigs or albums in the future?

     No yet, still focusing on tour now 


Special thanks to him for doing this interview & I wish him lots of luck in his music & the tour. So until then I'll catch you on The Flipside! Stay awesoem & rock n roll!  


George Thorogood & The Destroyers - Bad To The Bone (Official Music Video) - YouTube



No comments:

Post a Comment