Monday, September 19, 2022

DJ Interviews: CULTCHILD

 Here's my interview with CULTCHILD

How'd you get started in music?


I started singing at a young age in the cult I was raised in. Then later, vocals for various Hardcore and metalcore bands in Jersey (NJHC) scene. After years of shows, and light tours I decided to go solo, and thus CULTCHILD was born. 

Who are your inspirations or influences?

This is embarrassing because I consider some. Of the artist friends too, but bands like The Banner, Defeater, Norma Jean, Carnifex, & Crim3s were my band influences, and artist like Hudson Mohawk, Rotten Wolf, Gloomstone, and MFDOOM, my list could go on forever. 

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?

If your going to do it, go all in. Do not be lazy. Get out of your comfort zone and change it up if it isn't working. I know artist that sit in their bubble and never grow. 

Lastly keep listening to new sounds and trends

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

I look for unconvitional sounds and experiment. I've used the sounds of woodchippers as kick drums, rain as hihats, sneaker scratches in a hallway as an instrument. You'll hear all of it in my next upcoming album "Basilisk" being released via Blvsphemy Records coming soon. 

Any new gigs or albums in the future?

I don't have any scheduled gigs lined up, but I've spent most of the year playing gigs in the VR music scene via VRchat. As I stated earlier I am adding the finishing touches to my fourth LP "Basilisk." Via Blvsphemy Records (www.blvsphemyrecords.bandcamp.com). We are aiming for a release date for later this year or latest early next year. 

You can find me on every streaming platform searching "CULTCHILD"  or head to my link www.songwhip.com/cultchild 
I've also got merch available on my shop under the same link. 

No comments:

Post a Comment