Friday, September 2, 2022

DJ Interviews: Mechanical Flesh

 Here's my interview with band Mechanical Flesh

How'd you get started in music? 
Donovan and I have both been playing a wide variety of music styles since childhood. We have both had bands previously. We are both from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. I started Mechanical Flesh with a pretty simple setup. 
I had a Tascam digital portable studio, a couple of synthesizers, and a drum machine. I eventually got introduced to Anthony from The Coherent Alliance. Anthony and I did a collaboration which got me started in the DAW direction and he also got me in to the Electronic Music Alliance. I did a lot of collaborations with artists from the EMA like Primaudia Record, IconDark, and Davey Hub. I also had the pleasure of working with Cult Child. Donovan came on board in December of 2021, releasing The Sentient Machine for the first Mechanical Flesh duo track. We just recently released Synesthesia where Donovan was able to show off his vocals for the first Mechanical Flesh song to feature vocals!

Who are your inspirations or influences? 
The major influences of Mechanical Flesh are probably Nine Inch Nails and Gary Numan,  I am inspired a lot recently by artists like Gesaffelstein, Mascarpone, and Limbo Slice.

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?
Keep improving even when you think you can't. Be patient. Don't be afraid to take a break sometimes. Don't give up!

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?
We don't really try to set ourselves apart. I don't really think that is possible anymore with how many people are doing the same thing. Just be yourself. 

Any new gigs or albums in the future?
We have a ton of material that we are trying to get wrapped up and released over the next couple of months. We don't have any plans made for live shows yet but we are working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment