Saturday, September 24, 2022

DJ Interviews: Daveon

 Heres my interview with singer, Daveon

How'd you get started in music? 
I come from a family of multi-talented musicians and singers. My mother and father first inspired me while witnessing their skills as professional jazz musicians. At age 5 I begin playing the trumpet and piano, and at age six I begin singing. I would sit in front of the record player for hours at a time playing my favorite Artists and groups while mimicking their vocal perfections until I perfected my own vocal abilities. I begin playing acoustic guitar at age 17 and writing original material. I’ve been on a musical journey every since I meet my mom and dad, and my three siblings of course who are extremely talented. 

Who are your inspirations or influences?
I have been influenced first by my mom and dad and from them I was introduced to the music on the radio. The Jackson five caught my attention and then James Brown. I was also inspired by Stevie Wonder and countless others. 

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?
Don’t be afraid of competition. Learn from those who are more advanced so that you can be on their level someday. Allow criticism to help you become better at everything you do. Always allow professional help to work the business side of the music contracts out for you, never go in alone.  

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers? 
I always try to reach deep within my own soul to deliver music that comes from a different time zone then what is the norm. Always trying to create my own sound. 

Any new gigs or albums in the future?

I’m always working on new material for new album to releases. I’ve recently released a new album on Spotify titled “After the storm” it’s a meditational Album. Be on the look out for my new Album coming out soon titled I’m So Fortunate. Gigs are also in the works for the New Year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment