Wednesday, September 14, 2022

DJ Interviews: Cheerless

 Here's my interview with band Cheerless



How'd you get started in music? - I think we were all lucky enough to have parents that were heavily into music, which I’m sure set the foundations of our individual tastes in music. Charlie (lead guitarist & vocalists) and Harry (Drummer) both come from musically talented families, I think that helps… Since our early teens we have all been in various bands, different incarnations of the same band… tbh I don’t know if we’ve got started yet. 

Who are your inspirations or influences? - They’re really varied, and it changes all the time. But I’d say Slowdive, MBV, swans, Sonic Youth, Red House Painters, Dinosaur Jr are staples… 

What advice would you offer aspiring performers? - Communicate with the sound person! Make sure you get what you want. Fake it til you make it. We are still at the faking it stage. Just have fun!! Dance. Stop dancing. 

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers? - We aren’t as good! I don’t think we really do set ourselves apart. Maybe not trying is our thing. 

Any new gigs or albums in the future? - We’ve just released our debut single “heat”. It’s on all major streaming services, bandcamp, and soundcloud! We hope to have two or three more singles out by the end of 2022! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment