Thursday, April 8, 2021

DJ Interviews: Ryan Behie

Hey there guys, DJ Dizzy here & here's my interview with singer Ryan Behie. Enjoy!


How'd you get started in music?


I can’t really remember how I got started in music. I think music has always been a part of my life. I had a solid fake career of pretending I was Paul McCartney when I was younger. Basically, I just sang his songs and imagined I was him. I have been writing songs since I was a kid. I just love writing about all kinds of topics. I added playing guitar to my writing about ten years ago. I just find I got started by using song writing as a form of therapy for myself. Then it became a dream of mine to play those songs to people. Now I love playing at open mic’s and for anyone who will listen. I’m sure I will be playing on stages again once the pandemic is over.


Who are your inspirations or influences?


The Beatles were an influence but Green Day and Nirvana have always felt like my biggest influences. Also, Weezer and The Pretty Reckless have been very important to me.


What advice would offer aspiring performers?


The best advice that I could give people that are just starting out would be to build up their presence on social media platforms. Especially with the pandemic it has been hard to perform live but using this time to follow and meet other musicians and potential fans online is great. When the time comes and the virus is no longer a threat my advice would be to try and get comfortable performing live and to just have fun with it. Performing live is my favourite part of music!


How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?


What I like about Billie Joe Armstrong and Kurt Cobain’s writing style is that I feel they always went with the flow. Whatever they felt sounded good in their head at the time is what they wrote. I think for me personally, I just try to write whatever I’m feeling. I like to make slow love songs and then harsh emotional songs, I just enjoy writing all kinds of song. Just whatever I’m feeling I try to turn it into something musical. I don’t mind writing something fun either. I guess what sets me apart is my willingness to write and sing without worrying that I need to fit a certain genre. 


Any new gigs or albums in the future


Currently on my "Ryan Behie" YouTube channel I will be releasing multiple songs for the next few months. Some of the songs were written during the lockdowns and other I will be re-recording from the past. I’m also working on a side project called Peppermint Jelly. I will have more details about that over the coming weeks on my @TheOfficialPMJ Twitter account. It’s just an outlet for me to write some silly songs because everything feels so serious and I need to have some fun. 


I’d love to be out doing some open mic shows but it still looks like that won’t be possible.



Special thanks to him for doing this interview & lots of luck in his music. So until then I'll catch you on The Flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment