Monday, April 26, 2021

DJ Interviews: Michael Jacob

 

Hey there guys DJ Dizzy here,  This is my interview with singer Michael Jacob. Enjoy!

How'd you get started in music?


I started music when I was 8 year-old back when I was a child playing drums with my brothers and my father in our house. We had a huge studio, so we spent there all our evenings playing & composing music.

Who are your inspirations or influences?

My major influence is Stevie Wonder: I love his voice, his chords, his melodies and his arrangements.
I also love Bill Withers and George Benson. 
My huge influence in the way I understand drums is the band called Earth Wind and Fire. As a vocalist I am a huge fan of James Ingram and Peabo Bryson.

What advice would offer aspiring performers?

My advice is to follow your dreams and your inner voice. You always have to keep on practising, keep on writing, keep on singing. Never dare give up those key things until you manage to find your way! The only way to succeed is to understand what you really want to achieve and try again & again till you feel this inspiration living in yourself and in your inner light. 

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

First of all I see myself as a melodist who loves writing melodies that I mostly enjoy to do. Also I see myself as a drummer who writes melodies. This singularity being a drummer makes me understand even more better musicality and this puts an extra groovy feel to my soul.   

Any new gigs or albums in the future?

First at all my gigs were impacted by the current lockdown period: like everyone else all my gigs and all my bookings were canceled so far. Indeed I had more than 20 forecasted gigs. It's a terrible situation: everything today is delayed and stuck. As soon as we recover from the same situation as before the lockdown, we're gonna go on gigs and tours around France and other places (Europe, Canada...) according to the potential opportunities.
Secondly about the future album: I am working on a new single which is going to be released next June.
Additionally I am working right now on a new album in French. Nowadays, I spend all my nights writing melodies and chords. Indeed writing in French is not the same effort and thing as writing in English. 

Special thanks to him for doing this interview & I wish him luck in his music.so until then I'll catch you on The Flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment