Tuesday, April 13, 2021

DJ Interviews: Rebel Tramp

Hey guys Its The DJ & this is my interview with a band who call themselves Rebel Tramp. Enjoy!


My Dad who has played guitar for over 45 yrs got me started playing music. He tried to teach me when I was about 9 yrs old but in hurt my fingers lol ! It wasn't until I started listening to heavy rock specifically Metallica that I started to want to learn to play guitar. 


I really have been inspired by so many. Definitely Metallicas Kirk Hammet was my first inspiration but I would say Jimi Hendrix followed by Jaco Pastorius have been my biggest inspirations. I started working with my dad when I was about 17 and we would listen to BB king, Jimi Hendrix, Zeppelin, canned heat ( basically 70 's rock). I used to spend hours learning BB King and Albert King licks, so I was really influenced by these phrasing styles early on. Sound Garden, Nirvana, Alice n chains were also really popular when I was a teen and had a big influence on me as well. John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Eric Clapton the list goes on and on. I also want to mention that I have definitely been inspired by the Twitter artist community, its pretty darn amazing ! I really feel without this community I might not have gotten very far especially in regards to feeling like an artist myself.

I would tell aspiring performers to keep making steps towards their goals, even if the steps are small just keep moving forward. I would also say don't spend to much time looking outside yourself for guidance or permission to follow your passion, its there inside, you just need make path for the creative energy to flow. Ride the wave and follow where it takes you. 

I feel my uniqueness is that I have a big blues influence that you don't necessarily notice right away when you hear my music because I don’t record blues music. I do purposely try to sound unique and think outside the box,  but I don't  think that I'm actually much different in my approach when compared to other musicians. I'm still developing my Vocals and on My Rebel Tramp project I've worked with other vocalist especially when I've felt my vocal abilities wouldn't be something anybody would want to hear. When I make my music I really try to convey different tones in away that feels like your looking at a painting. Colors blended together that tell a story and make you feel something as you surf along the wave I’ve created…..

No comments:

Post a Comment