Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Interview with Paradise Rose pt 4

How'd you get started in music?

I played in school band from 8 years old.  When I was 14, bought Led Zeppelin four and bought my first bass a month later. Knew I would want to play the rest of my life.

Who are your main inspirations or influences?

I'm a huge Maiden fan and Steve Harris showed me that the bass doesn't have to take a back seat to anyone.  I also was influenced by Geezer Butler and John Paul Jones.  Another bass player I think is underrated is Frank Bello from Anthrax.

How would you say music has impacted your life?

Music helped me overcome a tough period when I was just getting into high school. It helped me by having an outlet to deal with the trouble I had fitting in with kids my age. It's given me a way to express myself as a person and just has been a huge part of my life.

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?

Focus on practicing fundamentals. Learn to care and maintain your instrument.  Listen and learn to appreciate bassists from more than one style of music. Be a team player and focus on the music and business, not on the parties and lifestyle.

Any new gigs or works in the future?

We got some great shows across the area and looking forward to building a fan base across the region.  I'm also hoping to record some more tracks and keep putting out a high quality product.

No comments:

Post a Comment