Friday, July 15, 2022

DJ Interviews: PMad Band

 Hey guys here's my interviw with the band, P Mad



How'd you get started in music?

I have always been into music, from the very beginning of listening to old vinyl, cassettes, etc to playing in bands with friends and just loving music in all forms.

pMad itself has been a long time coming, been strumming, putting lyrics together, riffs, basslines, together for years and years. Recording on all types of machines. So, I have always been involved in music in my own head just not out in the public realm.

Covid and lockdown arrives and I decide to root out all these pieces of music and with the massive changes in technology, I am able to have all in the one place for once and then it was about piecing it all together, making sense of the jigsaw and rerecording it all and adding new parts and then putting in the vocals. So, all the years of different parts of tunes all meshed together, easy see why so many influences seem to be in each song. The journey is just beginning, I hope!

Who are your inspirations or influences?

So many, I love music, I am a music fan first and foremost. Ipired by who is hard to pin down, would always be afraid to my so-called hero’s! I would love to be able to create memorable tunes like The Cure, The Smiths, Sonic Youth, Dinosaur Jr, The Sisters of Mercy, The The, the list is so long. They are legends and the music has lasted the decades, that is an inspiration.

The influences are everywhere, music is great no matter whether I like it or not, that is what makes it so great, everyone will get something from a song, like it, hate it or meh!! I am influenced by all the above and from A House to Tom Waits, Public Enemy to Suicidal Tendencies.

What people hear then is, what people hear, I have heard people compare pMad to crosses between The The & Cathal Coughlan, Depeche Mode and Joy Division, The Cult v The Mission, if that is what people hear, WoW, Who Am I to argue. And to be compared to legends like that, isn’t it wonderful. Not sure how new, new music can be! Can there really be a different rock and roll anymore. The Pixies to me created something different, like Sonic Youth and lots others, but they will be compared to some of their predecessors too!!

 

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?

My advice is, go for it!!

Don’t hold back, people like a genuine and honest song that is well delivered and well produced. Too many trying to be famous though, try and be yourself, of course if fame is what you want, great but be careful what you wish for! So many amazing out there that love music, listen to it, play it, give it airing and all that, brilliant. But, lots of unscrupulous people only too willing to offer the world, dip into your hard-earned funds and take from it. It can be disheartening to you especially starting out. Go for it but just be wary is all!


How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers? 

The only thing that sets me apart from other bands and singers is that I Am Me!! Nothing else, we are all different with different talents, sounds, likes, etc. You are who you are and bring that to your sound, music, lyrics. I don’t claim to be anything other than pMad, take that with the good the bad and the ugly that I have and am. I make music that I like and the hope is, that if I like it, someone else will too. That is great if they do and if not, there is lots of other music out there for them to like. I do what I like and I do what I enjoy and that sets me apart from others, that is a pity, because it means people making great music are not liking and enjoying it!!

 

Any new gigs or albums in the future

Hoping to have my next pMad single ‘Sisters’ out for the end of August, the last single before the release of the album ‘Who Why Where What’ after that, no firm release date yet. 8 tunes with a few remixes and extended version of ‘Sisters’.

In the studio recording more new music, onwards and upwards.

No gigs yet planned, of course if I get asked in 2023 to do them, they will be looked at, the plan is to hit the arena’s & festivals of 2023, don’t be afraid to invite!!


Special thanks for them for this intwrview & I wish them luck in their music, to find out more about the band feel free to check out the link below & until then I'll catch you on The Flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!


P Mad band site

 https://linktr.ee/pMadtheband


No comments:

Post a Comment