Sunday, July 10, 2022

DJ Interviews: The Embertears

 Hey there all, DJ Dizy here, & here's my interview with The Embertears.



How'd you get started in music?

We had a band in secondary school in the mid 90's and my classmates told me, they want to start a band and they thought I am the loudest and most talkative guy in the class, so I should be the lead vocalist. So, what could I do? I started to learn lyrics of popular metal bands like Nirvana, Metallica, etc... And we got together every week two times and played several songs. We had a small audience as well because there was a small theatre with a stage and we got the permission to play there... It was ended when we finished the school. Some of us started to work and I went to University and I stopped all musical activities.
Then later in my middle thirties (I think around 2012) my cousin told me they want to jam together with some guys who I never heard of before. My cousin is a drummer and the other two guys were the guitarist and the bassist but they were missing the lead vocalist. So I went to the first jam and we got together for about a year but it has been turned out the we don't see our musical path in the same way so I quit the band before we even had even a gig.
Then around 2017 my wife told me I should start learning guitar as I am a good sense for learning anything. I thought it over and bought a guitar. And here I am now. Playing guitar and bass, lead vocals, drum programming, writing lyrics and band management. A real one-man band. And The Flood album has been created.

Who are your inspirations or influences?

The lyrics inspired by the world we are living in, the history of mankind (as for instance the Holy Bible as at The Flood album),  and great novels as well what I have read. I read dozens of book when I was a child so I can dig deep into this knowledge base. The music inspiration is always must be something decadent, unusual, that is inspiring me. Influences? Not an easy question. I can say - completely everything -because I have been listening all type of music through my entire life, but of course the main influences can be named: Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Melvins, Mastodon, Red Fang and many more from this type of music. I can decribe myself as sludge, progressive and stoner, but I really don' like musical categorization and limits. Let's say it is metal and hard rock with some southern impact.

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?

Be independent in thoughts and do your art if you really like to make music. If it is going from the heart can be seen. You must have an influencer of course as everybody starts like that, but later on create your owns style what is only representing You and your music. Never make compromise as it can poison the soul in long term to turn away from the path we want. So be yourself and keep this habit forever!

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

I have my own style of vocals and also a kind of voice. I try to get out the best of it and I don't want desperately being similar then someone else's voice. For the guitar there are some rules in this type of music (like using power chords often) but apart from that I am trying to find some small difference from the mainstream to be able to create something unique. I am using lot of different odd an not commonly used time signatures (like 6/8, 6/4, 5/4, 3/4) and combining them to make my music to be distinct of already heard templates.

Any new gigs or albums in the future?

I can say I am always in between two albums! I have plenty of idea already right now even I just finished The Flood album. The next album will be also a concept album (as well as The Flood is also about the Biblical events) and after I am continuously collecting new ideas and record them I plan to start the real work in this winter. And of course I am also finishing right now my doom/gothic metal side project  (called Faded Remembrance) first album final engineering and mastering (The Age of Emptiness). The life goes on, as the music creation as well. Thank You for the questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment