Saturday, July 23, 2022

DJ Interviews: IX Hamata

 Hey there guys, here's my interview with singer, IX Hamata, you can feel free to check out her music at the following links below.


How'd you get started in music?
I started playing around with a keyboard my parents bought for me when I was about 6-7 years old.
I started to sing to the simple melodies I managed to make from the keyboard.
A few years later my father showed me how to play the guitar and I was hooked.

Who are your inspirations or influences?
I dont really know, i´m not even sure i have any special influences.
Most of the times i start playing some tunes on the guitar or ukelele and start singing.
If it sounds good in my ears i record it.
perhaps i could give my anxiety some credit for boosting my creativity tho.

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?
Have fun, as long as it´s fun making music it´ll be worth it.

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?
Hard to say, i think that question is more suited for those who listen to my songs.
From what i´ve heard and read from others are that i´ve got a nice voice, but there are plenty of artists out there with a good voice.
I make music that sounds good in my ears, i dont even know what genre i´d belong to if any.

Any new gigs or albums in the future
I am working on a couple of new songs and remaking a couple of old ones.
Last one i made " Just like you " is a remake of an old song, it´s been out on bandcamp for about 2 weeks now and are due to be released on all major streaming & shopping platforms on Monday.
It´s currently featured on the BANDwagon show on radio wigwam ( thank you wigwam )
Other than that, i´ve got a couple of collaboration requests that i´m looking into.

Gigs? oh dear no, i´m way to shy for gigs...

Albums? , maybe some day , i´ve been releasing all my songs as singles til now...

Special thanks to her for doing this interview & I wish her lots of luck in her music. So until then I'll catch you on The lipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!



No comments:

Post a Comment