Tuesday, June 14, 2022

DJ Inteviews: MIK's Reaction

Hello everyone, DJ Dizzy here & this is my interview with band, MIK's Reaction if you'd like to check out more of their stuff be sure to click the links listed

 as part of their interview.

How'd you get started in music?

 

From as early as I can remember, I’ve always loved music.

I think the triangle is a much maligned instrument – I was a prodigy & studied it at The Sydney Conservatorium of Music, from the age of 12.
By the time I was 15 I was considered a maestro and the rest, as they say, is history.

 

Who are your inspirations or influences?

 

The Beatles of course are the masters of 4-part triangle, and they are well known for their experimentation with music.
Most people think that it was a hammer and anvil they used in Maxwell’s Silver Hammer. In actual fact it was 3 bass triangles and an alto, along with some very ingenious backmasking.

 

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?

 

The best advice I could give anyone, not just aspiring performers, is to check out my Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMNWxrs7-dVlY1J-H5NzINg
There you will find the mysteries of the world unlocked. Also, some pretty funny videos, some serious ones and lots of good music (and triangles)

 

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?-

 

Full distortion and tube screamers really bring out the tinny quality of triangles. Under-utilised by other bands.

 

Any new gigs or albums in the future?

 

MIK’s Reaction and the Hobart Symphony Orchestra at The Hollywood Bowl is already sold out.
Every member of the audience is asked to bring their own triangle and to join in. Clapping and foot stomping is strictly forbidden.

I am also releasing my next single, 12 O’clock Again, on the 1st of August.
Here’s a link to my Spotify page, where you’ll be able to find all my other releases too: https://open.spotify.com/artist/0LS00Hi5R6PcZ9mfPTjSMg

 

No comments:

Post a Comment