Thursday, June 23, 2022

DJ Interviews: Kaysien

 Hey there guys DJ Dizzy here & here's my itertview with singer Kaysien


How'd you get started in music?


I believe that music is another element of nature. As far as I’m aware, everything vibrates at a certain frequency. I started expressing myself through music as a means of authentic communication. I began with vocals, moved on to drums, bass and guitar, most recently piano while all along the way recording and producing. I’ve been in bands, worked as a runner at studios, had my own production business, played as a session musician for artists and once, percussion in a west end show! I’m now fully focused on my Artistic journey.


Who are your inspirations or influences?


There are many and few! Upfront would be Ben Harper, Busta Rhymes, Bjork & Fat Freddie’s Drop.


What advice would you offer aspiring performers?


Be kind to yourself, work diligently, improve self awareness and find supportive, positive company!


How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?


Best answer would be to listen to my music with the knowledge that I’ve written & arranged, played all the instruments, sung, engineered, produced & mixed everything myself along with creating the artwork and videos. I’m also self taught.


Any new gigs or albums in the future?


I have a new track coming out on the 24th of June. I’m also seeking musicians for my band!

No comments:

Post a Comment