Monday, June 27, 2022

DJ Interviews: The Word66

 Heres my interview with band, The Word66



How'd you get started in music?
I would have to say that ever since I (Steve) was a little kid, that is all I ever wanted to do. Music was always a major part of my life. I remeber cranking up the music, standing on some furniture, and making believe I was singing and playing guitar. And of course, my parents yelling at me to turn it down. πŸ™‚ My first instrument, begrudgingly, was the trumpet. Eventually when I saved up enough birthday and Christmas money, I bought my first guitar.

Who are your inspirations or influences?
Band wise, I was a huge Sabbath fan. Loved Priest, Zeppelin, Thousand Foot Krutch, Disciple and Skillett, to name a few. Guitar wise, love Vai, Petrucci, Satriani, Gary Moore, Michael Shenker.

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?
It takes a lot of leg work, especially if you are unsigned. Be honest with what you have. Are you really good enough to make a run at it? If so, make sure that you have a professional product to represent the band. Spend the money and make a professional recording. If you are going to record your music in your bedroom, unless you are an amazing producer and engineer with a lot of tricks up your sleeve, it's going to sound cheap and you will lose credibility. Spend a lot of time researching places to send your music and put together a professional email.

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?
We have been told that we have a bit of a signature sound. I guess my writing style along with Brian's vocals and our wonderful producer Vinny Castaldo make it a team effort. We also have the awesome Danny Miranda from Queen and Blue Oyster Cult rocking out the bass lines on the new record. We always send out a positive message with all of the music. Something we believe is welcomed in these troubled times.

Any new gigs or albums in the future?

Yes, we just released a new single called "Tonight is the night," and the new record "Rock & Roll Preaching" should be out next month. Also, currently looking into doing a video for it as well. Performance wise, we should be out live shortly and really looking forward to bringing our new show to the fans. We have some fun things planned. It should be fun and entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment