Monday, September 14, 2020

DJ Interviews: Sidney Irving

 Hey there guys DJ Dizzy here, & say hello to a singer whose making a big splash in the word of indie rock say hello to Sidney Irving


How are you? Hope you're having a great day:)

How'd you get started in music?

For my ninth birthday, my dad got me my first guitar. It was a white electric guitar which sat in the corner collecting dust until I started lessons with my guitar teacher Loren Kryzkowski about a year later. I fell in love with the early taylor swift albums like 'Speak Now' and 'Red' and instantly wanted to start writing songs. 

Who are your inspirations or influences?

Tom Petty, Ryan Adams, The Doors, Midland, Dio, early Taylor Swift, Barns Courtney.

What advice would offer aspiring performers?

I met Gene Simmons from KISS once at a Tops grocery store and I asked him the same question. He looked me in the eyes and simply said "MOVE". You have to go to the music, not wait around for the music. 

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

I am always trying to learn and improve my craft, staying authentic to myself. 

Any new gigs or albums in the future
During coronavirus, shows have definitely slowed down, but I've been getting a steady (yet slower than normal) amount of shows. You can find all dates on my facebook and website www.sydneyirvingmusic.com

I just finished recording my brand new five song EP, which is set to release in the fall:)

Special thanks to him for this interview & lots of luck on his music. So until then I'll catch you on The Flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment